When: Friday the 22nd of November – Monday the 25th of Nov 2019
Why: Because of our lifelong love of MV Agusta
We would like to invite all owners of MV Agusta motorcycles to join us on the weekend of Friday the 22nd of November to Monday the 25th of Nov 2019 for the 10th annual NZ MV Meetup! Given that we started way back in 2009 at Taupo (See the 2009 event gallery), it’s only appropriate that we return to this location.
Please Note: All items in orange are to be confirmed.Register For This Event
The (preliminary) itinerary is as follows:
Friday the 22nd of November
10 years ago, the very first time our MV owners met each other was at the BP service station at Putaruru. Auckland coming from the north and Tauranga coming from the east. So we aim to be able to replicate that!
- Auckland Group members: Meet at BP Drury, Southern Motorway Rosehill at 10am Thursday morning, leaving by 10:30 for ride to Putaruru joining with Bay of Plenty riders approx 12:30.
- Tauranga/Rotorua members: Meet at BP The Lakes, Tauriko at 11am Friday morning, leaving shortly after for ride to Putaruru joining with Auckland riders approx 12:30.
- Lower North Island and South Island members: TBC.
From Putaruru we will ride to into Taupo as a group and assemble at Two Mile Bay Sailing Club after the ride from approx 2-2:30pm on onwards. We have bike parking right outside available 🙂
Group Dinner – Lone Star from 6:30pm onwards.
Saturday the 23rd of November
Breakfast – Lake House Taupo from 9am onwards.
Group ride – Leaving Taupo 10:30am. Ride is approx 4 hours of riding + breaks. Ride route will be shared via NZMV email list and on our closed Facebook group event.
Group Dinner – We are organising a group BYO BBQ dinner for Saturday night. TBC.
Sunday the 24th of November
Starting at 8 am and ends around 4:40pm. The one that lots of us are looking forward to! Bruce McLaren Motorsport Track Day. These days are run by the Taupo track and people are on the track in 4 separate groups:
- Fast/Track Group (expert/experienced riders or competition riders)
- Med/Fast Group (experienced/intermediate riders)
- Med Group (intermediate riders)
- Novice/First Timers Group (less experienced riders or first-timers on the track who wish to gain experience)
Whether you are track day junkies or have never been on the track – it’s a fantastic experience in a fun and safe environment. You will need to book and pay for your day directly with the Bruce McLaren Motorsport website. Note that there is a $25 fee to “Become a Member” at the track, from there you can book the Track Day. See below for booking link.
Note: You do NOT need to book a garage, as MV Agusta New Zealand will be providing this.
First Time On The Track or would like some Training?
If it’s your first time out on a track – don’t be worried, it is one of the safest environments where you can ride your MV! You can book into group 4 and we will have Dillon and Jo from the TR20 MV race team on hand, providing track day training that is focused towards those of us whom it might be their first time on the track, or they would like to gain some confidence, learn lines and so forth. To join this, you need to select “Novice” from the “Track Experience” option when booking. Note you can normally always move up a group during the day if you need to.
Note: There is nothing extra to pay for the training: MV Agusta New Zealand will be providing this to our owners.
Q: Am I Insured?
For those of you who are on your road-going bikes, make sure you check with your insurance company regarding the level that you can enter. Nearly all insurance companies will not cover you if you have the word “FAST” in your group name.
Q: What Gear Do I Need?
According to the official rules, below is what is required. However, we strongly recommend that those in the Med to Fast groups wear full leather, either 1 piece or 2 piece that zip together.
- Valid Driver’s license or NZ race licence.
- Purpose-designed motorcycle textile or leather road riding safety gear with impact protection in good condition.
- A full-face helmet.
- Riding boots & gloves.
- We also recommend cotton shirt, underclothes and socks (for fire safety).
Book for the 24th Nov Track Day here
Some other things to note on the day:
- We will have a group BBQ lunch available.
- We are hoping to have a photographer for the day taking photos of us all on the track.
- We would like to get a group photo at the end of the day with all of us and our MV’s out on the front straight.
- We will have the TR20 F3675 in the fast group doing track testing for an up and coming race.
- Book in for a 2019 Dragster RR road demo ride.
It will be a great day all round, even if you decide not to get out on the track (but really – you should). Learn more about the Taupo Ride Days here.
Group dinner TBA.
Monday the 25th of November:
Group breakfast and ride back home. TBC.
There are so many options for Accommodation we cannot list them all. A few of us have already booked AirBNB style accommodation. As in New Plymouth, we will be using one of these houses as a central meeting point – Location TBC.
Once again, we will be doing a limited run of good quality t-shirts to commemorate the weekend! Here is the design for this year! We have decided to go for a Polo shirt rather than a T-Shirt, you are welcome to order multiple of them (e.g. one to keep for good). The Polo can be ordered in both men’s and woman’s fit and you can see the sizing charts here: Men’s Fit, Woman’s Fit. We will be emailing members who have signed up with details on how to order and pay.
Please register your interest in attending by filling in the form below and we will email everyone updates from here. You can additionally join our event on the NZMV Facebook Group.
See you there. Viva la MV!
Comments are closed.