When: Friday the 19th of November – Monday the 22nd of Nov 2021
Why: Because of our lifelong love of MV Agusta
We would like to invite all owners of MV Agusta motorcycles to join us on the weekend of Friday the 19th of November to Monday the 22nd of Nov 2021 in Taupo for the annual NZ MV Meetup’ Note: We have a support Ute from Tauranga to Taupo for gear/etc. We have also secured the same house as last year, “MV HQ”.
Event Schedule (TBC):
- Friday 19th Nov
- Auckland riders 10am departure BP Connect Papakura
- Tauranga riders 11am departure Caltex Tauriko
- Wellington riders – TBC
- Auckland & Tauranga rider groups will meet at Putaruru 12pm, leaving 1pm to Taupo, with debrief at Two-Mile Sailing Club (approx 2-3pm)
- 6:30pm: Casual dinner Lone Star Informal Dinner
- Saturday 20th of Nov
- 7:00am: Breakfast @ Victoria’s (127 Tongariro Street) – TBC
- 8:30am: Track Day at Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park – Click here to book your day at BMMP.
- 6:30pm: Group BBQ at MV HQ
- Sunday 21st Nov
- 9:00am: Breakfast @ Victoria’s (127 Tongariro Street) – TBC
- 9:45am: Riders Brief (please make sure you’re fueled prior to brief)
- 10:00am: Depart for group ride
- 4:00pm: Debrief Two-Mile Sailing Club
- 7:00pm: Group BBQ at MV HQ
- Monday 22nd Nov
- 11:00am: Breakfast @ Victoria’s (127 Tongariro Street) – TBC
- 12:00am: Riders depart
FRIDAY THE 19TH OF NOVEMBER
Ride-in to Taupo, meet up for drinks & casual dinner at Lone Star Taupo. We will start organising groups for those that are keen to meet up and ride together. If anyone else would like to offer to get groups together (South Island, Lower North Island?).
Auckland Riders: Meet at BP Connect Papakura (Autobarn Papakura) for 10am departure, riding to Putaruru. Tim is your contact.
Tauranga Riders: Meet at Caltex Tauriko for 11am departure, riding to Putaruru. Simon is your contact.
Wellington Riders: TBC
Upper North Island Riders: All meet at Putaruru BP 12 noon. Then down to Taupo via backroads.
Meet at Two Mile Sailing Club for after ride refreshments – with bike parking being sorted like last year!
SATURDAY THE 20TH OF NOVEMBER – DAY AT THE TRACK!
The MV Agusta Owners Group joins a Ride Day at Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park. This year one of BMMPs standard Ride Day’s falls on the correct weekend, so those that are inclined to us on the track can choose from 4 different groups as follows:
- Fast (F1) – expert/experienced riders or competition riders.
- Medium Fast (MF) – experienced/intermediate riders.
- Medium (M) – intermediate riders.
- Novice (N) less experienced riders or first timers on the track who wish to gain experience.
Note that this is a standard BMMP trackday so these groups will have mixed bikes. If you are looking to just have fun, or its your first time on the track, we suggest you choice the Novice group. Click here to book your day at BMMP
Then it’s back home to get cleaned up and group BBQ the MV HQ.
A note regarding insurance at Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park:
Each motorcycle insurance company applies different conditions and clauses to their coverage of your vehicle and use on the Track is no different. The Ride Day at Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park is being run by BMMP under their standard track booking terms and conditions.
SUNDAY THE 21ST OF NOVEMBER – GROUP RIDE!
Group breakfast at Victoria’s Cafe 127 Tongariro Street. We will have parking for bikes right out in front of the Cafe. Sidestands up at 10 am for the Group ride.
Group Ride – TBC
At the end of the ride, we will meet at the Two Bay Saling Club again for after ride refreshments. Then it’s back home to get cleaned up and group BBQ the MV HQ.
MONDAY THE 22ND OF NOVEMBER
Group brunch (breakfast sounds far too early for a Sunday) 11am at Victoria’s Cafe 127 Tongariro Street, organise groups to ride back home.
There are so many options for Accommodation we cannot list them all. However, see below for details of where MV HQ is so you can book surrounding locations. Tim and Simon have secured the same AirBNB house as last year for MV HQ – if you book at any location around here you will be within easy walking distance.
2021 NZ MV Owners Annual Meeting gear:
Using our new MVNZ Owners Group logo on the front – Good quality t-shirt with similar design to last year & we are also looking at producing an MV branded “buff”. Once we have the designs etc completed we will alert registered members so you can make your purchase.
Please register your interest in attending by filling in the form below and we will email everyone updates from here, or join our event on the NZMV Facebook Group.
See you there in Taupo!